Would you like to have a leather bow like Ariana Grande or Miley Cyrus? You’ll need just a just a small scrap of leather, or faux leather, about 4 1/2” x 3 1/2”, a narrow strip about 1”x 3”, a metal barrette clip, rotary cutter, disappearing fabric pen, hot glue, and embroidery thread. Now just follow the tutorial step by step.
- 1. Measure and draw a rectangle 4 1/2”x 3 1/2” on the leather, and cut it out as straight as you can, using the rotary cutter. I drew on the other side (suede side), so I didn’t bother erasing my marks.
- Cinch at the middle by folding the leather like an accordian.
- Tie some embroidery thread around the bow to secure. Trim the thread.
- Hot glue the end of the strip to the underside of the barrette, let cool.
- Wrap the strip around the bow and hot glue on the underside to secure. Let cool and trim the leftover.
- Finesse the bow until it takes on the shape you like.inesse the bow until it takes on the shape you like.