- scuba/neoprene fabric around 0.5cm thick (1/4 of an inch)
- craft paper
- a pencil
- super sharp scissors
- a sewing machine
- matching needle and thread
1. Draw and cut out this pattern onto craft paper.Just sketch it onto paper and make sure the dimensions are the same. You may also want to modify it slightly for length by adding a few cm/inches to the wider part of the template at the bottom.Work out how many pattern pieces you need. They are 10cm (4 inches) wide at the top (the part that goes around your waist) so what you need to do is work out how many panels you need to go around your waist.
2. Cut your chosen number of rectables out of neoprene bigger than the template. Stack them together and pin the template on top.
3. Cut them out around the template. Make sure to match the template carefully!
4. Placing the wrong side together, pin two pieces of neoprene together.Pin the rest to the edges all the way around.
5. Sew all the edges together making sure to reinforce the beginning and end stitches.Sew the final panels together.